Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I have joined Scott Dinsmore's Live Your Legend Blog Challenge!
YAY!!

Being new to this, I relate quite well to a previous email from LYL on transforming fear.  Pushing on, as "they" say.

The first directive was to tell others in the challenge group a little about ourselves.  Easier said than done, in some ways.

The basics:  Female, married, two kids, and down to three cats (more on the furballs later).  I enjoy cooking with my husband, but not the cleaning up part.  I am a certified public accountant and have spent the majority of my career in corporate tax. Currently, I am between jobs after having worked on a contract basis for far too long.

The complicated part of life, at the moment, is the declining health of my parents.  They are 83 and 87.  I realized, just now, that I come from a broken home.  Not in the traditional sense of that phrase.  Despite the outward appearance of semi-normalcy, both my parents are nut cases.  Their relationship has been, and still, is a psychiatric analyst's dream.   Both are on medications that have complicated much of their lives - and that of their children.  Another post for another day, perhaps.

My boys are my pride and joy, as is the case with most moms.  Both are in college.  The bills related to that endeavor are pushing me to get back into the "good old" corporate life.  I'd rather scoop up a winning lottery ticket, but that seems unlikely, despite having lighting strike three times at houses/property I have owned.  I keep thinking that should be working in my favor.  Perhaps I should start a go fund me campaign for paying off the credit cards.  Hmm.

Possibilities are endless and often elusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment